Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Break 2013: Day 3-It Does Cost Something

Scripture: "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
This I command you, that you love one another"
-John 15:12-17
 
 
Worship: "Stay and Wait" -Hillsong United (just face it ....it will probably be the album of the week)
 
Who spoke the Earth and sky to form
Who sets the sun and calls the dawn
Who breathed me out of dust to life
With the will to trust or run and hide
 
I will stay should the world by me fold
Lift up Your name as the darkness falls
I will wait and hold fast to Your word
Heart on Your heart and my eyes on You

Who loved me through my rebel way
Who chose to carry all my shame
Who breaths in me with endless life
The king of glory Jesus Christ
 
I will stay should the world by me fold
Lift up Your name as the darkness falls
I will wait and hold fast to Your word
Heart on Your heart and my eyes on You

God of wonder and God of grace
Let my soul stand always to praise You
Fix my eyes on Your perfect way
And I'll never look back

I will stay should the world by me fold
Lift up Your name as the darkness falls
I will wait and hold fast to Your word
Heart on Your heart and my eyes on You

Who lifts the poor and heals the blind
Who trampled death for all mankind
Who stands for all with arms stretched wide
My King forever Jesus Christ
 
The sermon I heard this morning reminded me AGAIN that there is a definite COST to discipleship.  There is a sacrifice and a price to pay when a person says...yes, I will follow YOU....all the way....loving one another until the very end. 
 He is the one who calls.
He is the one who prepares the way.
He is the one who lights the way.
He is the one who created the path.
As a disciple, follower of Jesus, we KNOW in our minds that this is a "truth"....but when love is put into action and discipleship becomes the way of life, instead of just a program....then that truth penetrates the heart.
The result is what I experienced today.
That it hurts.
It hurts and it is hard.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is drawing you into something that is not what Jesus calls us to.
Today, I truly felt the sting that being apart without knowledge of knowing the when...the when will I hear his voice (and I mean Brandon's voice)!
It was a sting.
 
BUT
I still love the knowledge that because there is a COST there is also a reward.
The fullness of the when and the where and the what of the reward are answers we won't grasp completely.
BUT
we know the exist. Because we know the ONE who created us and the ONE who knew the COST to what He was about to go on mission for and we know the ONE who is reconciling all things back to Himself through the power and the comfort and the guidance of His Holy Spirit.
 
It hurts. It is hard. It is worth it. I have HOPE that He is faithful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment