Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Break 2013: Day 4: A People to Pursue

Scripture: "For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea and its waves roar. 
 I have put My words in your mouth and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to 
establish the heavens, to found the earth, and to say to Zion,
 'You are My people."
Isaiah 51:15-16
 
Worship: "Furious"- Jeremy Riddle
 Nothing can tear us from
The grip of His mighty love
We’ve only glimpsed, His vast affection
Heard whispers of, His heart and passion
It’s pouring out…


His love is deep, His love is wide
And it covers us
His love is fierce, His love is strong
It is furious
His love is sweet, His love is wild

And it's waking hearts to life

The Father loves and sends His son
The Son lays down His life for all
He lavishes His love upon us
He calls us now, His sons and daughters
He’s reaching out…


… and its waking hearts to life



I heard Brandon's voice today in a message, from a call I missed.
I prayed several times that he would just call back....pursue our conversation until it happened.....but knowing how "conscious" of money my husband is, I knew deep down I would have to wait.

The word PURSUE kept resounding in my heart after that.
There is no greater comfort than knowing that your life has value and worth....that someone values you enough to pursue you.
When I let the words from the song above, set in my heart, that His love is all of those things....that it  is deep and it is wide....that it is fierce and strong and furious....and that we have only caught a glimpse of the vast affection that He has loved us with, pursues us with and saves us unto....
It's so clear that our lives have a weight...a value...worth PURSUING....

Unlike my frugal and considerate husband, our God keeps CALLING....until we answer...and then He continues to speak knowing that .....
The conversation that we have is more important than anything else I desire to pursue.
Because I am His. He is mine.

We are his people.
 


1 comment:

  1. Loved your post! :) I'm so glad you liked my dining room window seat! The bookcases are from IKEA....they are Billy bookcases...but you have to buy the doors separate and I just learned they have discontinued the ones I used. They do have some others though. :) I love IKEA....you can find just about anything there!! :) good luck if you attempt building a window seat. :)

    ReplyDelete