Monday, August 26, 2013

Sometimes when I write I just pray.....


“For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives it’s name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened by power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love ,
May be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
And to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,
To Him be all the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.”

Ephesians 3:14-21

I’m not sure of this stirring that you have begun inside me.  It’s feels at any moment I could burst into tears and simultaneously sing a praise chorus to you, who sits on high.  In all the earth, in all the lands I have never found so deep a love as this.  My heart pours out contempt for the souls that long to know you, yet your grace abounds so freely for them to receive.  If I should stumble in my path of righteousness would you catch my fall?  If I should cease to praise you, will you enter again my heart?  And in all the madness that this world can sustain, will you save us?  Will you begin your redemption right here and right now?  For your word says that you are able to do FAR MORE than we could even think to imagine or ask….and that you will do all of that in an abundance of harvest.  Begin that work, again, today in me….search my heart and find my fear and then bring to the surface the fear that holds me still.

Seek not to destroy my works, but impart to me a renewed vision.  Let me know your ways that I might follow you into the depths of the pit, and that I might see you trample under my feet all that exists to destroy. 

You know me.  Show me who I am. Speak to me in a whisper and in a roar and ask me once again to follow you.  To love you. To love others.  For we know that pure and undefiled religion is to look after the widow and the orphan.  Show me your orphans. Show me your widows.  Protect my heart from their pain and grief.  Let me see it and feel it and touch it, but do not allow it to overcome my heart.  For you have promised us that we can “take heart for you have overcome the world.” 

Remind me over and over ....this is not all that exists.  That beyond what I can see, is a new world and a new life.  That the first born of this creation is You, Jesus.  In all your suffering you left this world and in all your glory you will return, to make new what is broken…to find what is lost….to love what is unloved.

Bring me into your rest and peace today, as I search for you, with longing, within the eyes and hearts of my neighbor.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment