Saturday, February 2, 2013

Edify

Yesterday, my mom and I had one of the best lunches we've had in a long time. For the past three years, if we went to lunch we were always accompanied by, at least, two other little bodies, Asher and Brody.

And the years previous to that there was just no strength in the communication of our relationship. One of us, at some point, would offend the other and the lunch would be done.

If you have a great relationship and always have, with your mom....this might not relate to you. Or if you live in the same town, and lunch dates with your mom are a regular event....you probably won't relate either.
But since our history has always consisted of one or both of the above mentioned.....yesterday was a day I will always remember and a day that I can honestly say has been a deep prayer.

The stars just aligned since I decided to make the trip without my boys
and Brody spent the day at school...it was my mom and I all day.

The highlight was our hour and a half lunch at the Thai Time Cafe. It consisted of Jasmine tea and the lovely dish pictured below....but most importantly our conversation held the weight that would choose to edify one another. As we listened to each other, I realized that the Holy Spirit was dwelling within both of us ....where there was tension in our topics there was also GRACE to hear words coming from the very heart of God and to respond in faith.

Yesterday, God continued to heal both of us....He showed us where we have been, where we are headed but most importantly.....through all the junk.... He had never forsaken us....His grace which drowns both of us daily has carried us through....

....from darkness to light....from chaos to peace....from tearing down to building up.....from anger to deep, abiding love for one another.

Today, I can only hope that one day there will be more days than not when I get to share lunch and life and the power of Christ within relationship with my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment