Monday, December 17, 2012

New

At Thanksgiving time, we took Asher and my nephew to get their pictures taken with Santa at the mall.  After the picture, was playing in the play area and riding on all the miniature transportation rides and a little girl yelling..."Asher, Asher...my friend Asher!"

It was a friend from his preschool class....that day I met Anni, her husband Zari, and their daughters Sarai and Aimee.  They are refugees from Iran, natives of Armenia and have lived in Dallas for 5 years.  In an instant we made a connection and our family was drawn to theirs through their warm, spirit and beautiful eyes.... and we became new friends.

This morning Anni and I spent hours drinking coffee and eating pastries.....she told me about Iran and her family and I helped her with her English....we shared stories of how we met our husbands and I held and squeezed and kissed her eighteen month old

This past week has been long and hard and at times dark.....but this morning reminded me that with each new dawn there are new mercies all around.  That our daily responsibility is to lay ourselves before the throne and walk into each moment receiving the feast that has been prepared for us....

"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail,
They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, 
To the person who seeks Him."
Lamentations 3:22-25


May we wait for Him in each moment, seek Him when the way seems hidden from our view and delight in His faithfulness.....so that we may experience the JOY that each NEW mercy brings into our lives!


Anni

New Friends
 
Yummy coffee in her "sexy" cups

No comments:

Post a Comment