Friday, October 26, 2012

Someone Who Gets Me



There are just moments when it comforts me to know that I have always had 
 good, good friends....friends who just get me. 
These friends serve a much different purpose than family....

In high school, I had three of those friends....Sara, Val and Shannon...
In college, there was Court, Jac, LJ, Meg and Ash....
And now...truly there are actually MORE than I've ever had before....

For all of these ladies in my life....and you know who you are...I just want to say THANK YOU.  
Thank you for walking in a covenant of friendship with me....thank you for letting me wear my red lipstick...and my highest heels when I was pregnant....thank you for asking me hard questions about my actions....thank you for reminding me it is not OK to leave dishes in the sink....thank you for eating lunch with me...again and again and again...thank you for listening to me talk about LOTS OF THINGS....thank you for crying with me...thank you for praying with me and for me....thank you for teaching me that deep relationships, though, they can be painful, are TRULY life giving.....








Authentic, deep relationships reflect who Christ is and what He is about.....knowing that SOMEONE truly understands who you are releases a person from so many insecurities.  I can just imagine the woman at the well, the man at the healing pool, Peter the disciple, John the one whom Jesus loved, the adulteress woman, Mary and Martha......I can imagine them in each of their encounters..... taking a deep breath and uttering from their depths...He gets me.....

He came to show us what it means to know and be known by the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE and I promise as you press into the depth available in both the earthly and heavenly relationships....you too will breathe....knowing that He gets you....


No comments:

Post a Comment