Sunday, October 21, 2012

I've Been There

Doubt or Certainty.

In any given day there soon becomes  a myriad of situations where I can be very certain on how I would answer a question, reply to an email, make a choice  or choose a response....

There are days, though, when my guard is down.....when I decide to run on the fumes of yesterday and when all of the sudden.....I can be in place where DOUBT or uncertainty clouds my vision.  That which was so fresh and clear the day before, suddenly becomes hazy.

"Peter said to Him, Lord, if it is YOU ...command me to come to you on the water. 
And HE said, "COME! And Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately, Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"
Matthew 14:28-31

No matter where we are in life...I think each of us can find ourselves in this scripture.

One may ask...."Lord, is that really you?"....."How do I know you are Lord?" "What will YOU do to show ME who you are?"

I've been there.

Another, responding to the command to COME....walking on water....not a care in the world.... eyes locked and centered and focused on the ONE who calls.

I've been there.

And yet another, taking a look at circumstances surrounding the focus mentioned above....taking eyes OFF of the ONE who calls and giving glory to the created rather than the creator.

I've been there.

And still another, holding onto His hand...rescued from the storm....looking back at the storm in all it's glory only to find that from the comfort of His right hand the storm pales in comparison....and resting in THAT place where DOUBT is restored and recreated into FAITH.  Not a blind faith that gives no strength to persevere....but rather that FAITH that captures a heart, mind, body and soul to KNOW for CERTAIN that He is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do....

I've been there.








No comments:

Post a Comment