Friday, November 23, 2012

A Loud Legacy

The most beautiful moment of Thanksgiving was my grandmother swinging at the park....the clouds began to cover the sky and it felt as if it was about to downpour....but instead the sun came penetrating through that raincloud....right at it's center. 
 My grandma spoke loudly from within her swing, "That's grandpa saying hi to us."

My grandma has fewer and fewer words with ever passing day, so when she speaks we listen. 
I was so grateful for her perspective and her heart.
I paused in silence and remembered my grandpa....for the man that I remembered him as and for the longing that he could see these two tiny men growing into his footsteps.
Thankful for his legacy that has continued to live on so loudly within our family.
May we all live lives that leave a LOUD legacy in the hearts of those around us....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment