Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weight of Glory

I don't know about all of y'all but I am a sucker for a good commercial that catches me at the right moment.....

This is one of those commercials.

I love the story in this commercial....it made me think of my friend Courtney who, for a long time, was sole provider to her son with autism....it reminds me of my mom who loves my nephew and has cared for some of his deepest needs when no one else could....it reminds me of my friend Abbey who is about to embark upon parenthood as a foster parent.....and mostly it reminded me that there is no situation too massive that sacrificial, tear-filled, spontaneous and intentional LOVE.... cannot conquer and overcome.....

Thankful today for difficult moments in my life that create tension that screams out that ALL of this in the most difficult and most glorious moments falls painfully short of the eternal weight of glory that will one day be revealed....



P.S. I hope Mass Mutual appreciates my plug!

No comments:

Post a Comment