Tuesday, November 13, 2012

We Don't Know...But We Know

If you have been walking in close proximity to our family in the past few weeks, you know there is this weird thing going on.....we feel very called to sell our house.  There really is no good earthly reason. We both love our jobs, church, friends, community.... It is just one of those "gut" things....the first question people ask us is ..."Well, where will you live?"...Our answer.  "We don't know." (maybe a van down by the river?)

You might ask, why? "We don't know." 
You might ask, when? "We don't know."

It really is that simple.  "We don't know."  We don't know why, where, when, how.  I honestly think we won't have any of those answers until we take that next step.  I liken it to a baby taking his first few steps....if we could only know the thoughts those babies have.  How will my feet actually hold me up?  Where will I go as I raise my foot to move forward?  When will I get wherever I am going only taking ONE step at a time?

That's where we are.  Knowing we trust the ONE who is calling us to take a step.  Knowing He guides and leads and directs each step.  Knowing His word lights our way.  Knowing His Spirit will move us forward when we want to stand still. Knowing Him... is all we need to take that step forward....it is on us to breathe in a breath of courage and breathe out a breath of fear and take a step.

I often let my mind go wild....dreaming up all of the purposes that He might fulfill through one act of obedience.  But the TRUTH is that they are mere dreams if there is no human responsibility of action. I remember Brandon laying in a hospital bed having to take deep breaths moment by moment to simply sit up and learn to walk again....while at the same time Asher was learning as a 10 month old to take his first STEPS ever....

These steps today are no different.  The GRACE we need today is exactly the same.

 We are the agents that He has created to demonstrate His power....may we embrace His grace that empowers us to yield our lives today.

No comments:

Post a Comment